Puff Pastry Tarts with Ricotta and Strawberries
These sweet and delicious puff pastry tarts with ricotta and strawberries are unbelievably easy to make. Moreover, they look and taste fantastic.This easy dessert recipe is perfect for any occasion.
Write a review
- 1 Puff pastry packet
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Milk
For the Ricotta Filling
- 1cup Ricotta cheese
- 2tbsp Honey
- 2tsp Icing sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2cup Sliced strawberries
- Sprinkle of icing sugar, to serve.
- Pre-heat microwave oven to 180C.
- Puff pastry dough cut into rectangles, try to make them even.
- Place the rectangles on a parchment lined baking sheet. Score each pastry with a sharp knife, about 1/2-inch from the outer edge, all the way around making a rectangle inside the rectangle.
- Pierce the centre of each pastry with a fork.
- Whisk together the egg and milk and brush the edges of each pastry shell with the egg wash.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese and powdered sugar and egg. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the filling with a spatula.
- Put the ricotta filling inside the rectangle and add the strawberries.
- Bake it for 15-25 minutes or until they puff up and are golden brown. Remove to a rack to cool completely. Once cooled, sprinkle with some icing sugar.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/