- 1 Puff pastry packet
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Milk
For the Ricotta Filling
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sliced strawberries
- Sprinkle of icing sugar to serve.
- Pre-heat microwave oven to 180C.
- Puff pastry dough cut into rectangles, try to make them even.
- Place the rectangles on a parchment lined baking sheet. Score each pastry with a sharp knife, about 1/2-inch from the outer edge, all the way around making a rectangle inside the rectangle.
- Pierce the centre of each pastry with a fork.
- Whisk together the egg and milk and brush the edges of each pastry shell with the egg wash.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese and powdered sugar and egg. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the filling with a spatula.
- Put the ricotta filling inside the rectangle and add the strawberries.
- Bake it for 15-25 minutes or until they puff up and are golden brown. Remove to a rack to cool completely. Once cooled, sprinkle with some icing sugar.