- 1 ½ cups chopped pumpkin or 225g
- 2 ½ tsp quick yeast
- 3 cups plain flour or 400g
- ½ cup plant-based milk, such as almond, soy or coconut or 125mL
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Nut butter yoghurt, fruit, nuts or whatever you have in your pantry
- To prepare the pumpkin puree: Boil the chopped pumpkin in a small saucepan of water for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain the water and puree the pumpkin with a stick blender.
- To prepare the bread: Add the ingredients to the Panasonic Hard-Crust Breadmaker in the following order: yeast, flour, pumpkin puree, milk, oil, sugar and salt. Select the ‘whole wheat function’ (number 4) on the breadmaker. The breadmaker will rest, mix, rise and bake the ingredients.
- When the bread is ready, remove it from the breadmaker and let it cool. Use a serrated knife to cut toast slices out of the bread.
- Top the bread as desired and enjoy!