Sushi Balls with Fruits and Vegetables
These small rice balls are topped with seafood and garnished with fruit and vegetables. Besides providing rich vitamins and other nutrients that seafood does not contain, temari (hand ball)-sushi is deliciously different from the regular nigiri-sushi, offering new tastes and textures especially with the rice made by our Panasonic rice cooker
Write a review
- 2 Cups of rice
- 400ml Water
- Half of grapefruit (100ml squeezed juice)
- 2tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 70gr Canola flowers
- 6 Pods of broad beans
- 45gr Salmon
- 45gr Tuna
- 50gr Scallops
- 2 Prawns
- 1 Egg
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A small amount of salad oil
- 3 Shiso leaves or basil leaves
- Kiwi fruit
- 1 Cheese slice
Garnishes (as you like)
- Canola flowers or broccoli
- Broad beans or green beans
- Radish slices or cherry tomatoes
- Red onion slices
- Red cabbage sprouts or any other sprouts
- Kinome leaves or cilantro
- Lime slices
- Rinse and strain the rice, leave it in the colander for about 30 minutes, then cook in a rice cooker. While the rice is cooking, squeeze the grapefruit using a juicer.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a bowl and add the grapefruit juice, lemon juice and salt. Make sushi rice by mixing it quickly with a moistened rice scoop.
- Boil the canola flowers, then chop half finely for sushi rice, and cut the other half into 4 cm strips for garnish. Shell and boil the broad beans, remove the skins, then chop coarsely for sushi rice, leaving a few whole beans to use as a garnish.
- Divide the sushi rice into three equal portions. Leave one portion plain, mix one with chopped canola flowers, and mix the last one with chopped broad beans.
- Topping: Slice the salmon, tuna and scallops. Boil the prawns in salted water and cut them in half.
- Topping: Crack the egg into a bowl, beat it, and mix in a pinch of salt and sugar. Heat up the lightly oiled frying pan, pour in the mixture and make a thin, flat omelet. Cut the omelet into thin strips.
- Topping: Fold the shiso leaves in half lengthwise. Slice avocado, mango, kiwifruit and cheese into small pieces.
- Place a topping on cling wrap, then place a small dollop of the sushi rice you prepared in Step 4. Gather the edges of the cling wrap together, twist and squeeze it to make a neat ball. Remove the cling wrap. Repeat until all the sushi rice is used up. Place the sushi balls on a serving dish and use the garnish ingredients to decorate them.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/