Simple Summer Risotto
Risotto is one of those dishes that sounds amazing but in reality is far too laborious for most people to both with at home. So how much do you love us for putting together this easy, breezy microwave risotto? Made using a Panasonic Steam Combi Microwave.
Write a review
- 1 white onion, diced
- 50 g butter
- 300 g Arborio rice, for risotto
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 300 g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 100 g mascarpone cheese
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Place the onions and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave-safe lid and cook in the microwave oven on MICRO POWER high for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the rice, cover and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Mix in half of the hot stock and the mushrooms, cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the remaining stock and cook for 10-15 minutes on MICRO POWER medium or to the desired rice consistency and texture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add in the parmesan, mascarpone and butter. Cover and let the rice absorb any excess stock for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the risotto with the remaining cheese and the finely chopped spring onions.
- Check out our Steam Combi microwave: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/microwave-ovens/nn-cs894s.html.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/