- 1 white onion diced
- 50 g butter
- 300 g Arborio rice for risotto
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 300 g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 100 g mascarpone cheese
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- Place the onions and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave-safe lid and cook in the microwave oven on MICRO POWER high for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the rice, cover and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Mix in half of the hot stock and the mushrooms, cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add the remaining stock and cook for 10-15 minutes on MICRO POWER medium or to the desired rice consistency and texture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add in the parmesan, mascarpone and butter. Cover and let the rice absorb any excess stock for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the risotto with the remaining cheese and the finely chopped spring onions.
Check out our Steam Combi microwave: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/microwave-ovens/nn-cs894s.html.