A rich, creamy mayo is one of those condiments beloved by just about everyone. Now you can ditch store-bought over processed mayo and use your stick blender to whip up impressive this homemade version. Made using a Panasonic stick blender. And check out our homemade pesto recipe.
Write a review
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml vegetable oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Place the egg yolks, 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and a pinch of salt in the bowl of your stick blender and process until the mixture just begins to thicken.
- Pour the olive and vegetable oil into a measuring jug.
- With the motor running, gradually add oil to egg-yolk mixture in a thin steady stream, occasionally stopping to scrape down the side of the blender bowl with a spatula, until the mixture is thick, creamy and pale.
- Add the oil slowly, but not too slowly as the mixture could thicken too quickly (if this happens, add a little hot water, about 2 teaspoons, to thin down the mayonnaise before adding the remaining oil).
- Check out our homemade pesto recipe: https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/no-nut-pesto-recipe/.
- Check out our range of blenders: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/small-appliances/stick-blender.html.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/