To prove that basic home appliance functionality is a thing of the past, Panasonic invited the renowned chef Soren Lascelles to put our Microwaves and Rice Cookers through their paces – and you’ll be amazed at the results.
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thigh thinly sliced
- ½ butternut pumpkin cut to 2 cm dice
- 250 g Thai apple eggplants cut into quarters
- 5 large red chilli seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 5 kaffir lime leave
- 15 ml fish sauce have more on hand to adjust seasoning
- 15 g palm sugar
- juice of 2 limes
- 50 g of Thai red curry paste available in Asian supermarkets
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 bunch thai purple basil leaves picked from the stems
- 50 g crispy fried eschallots available in Asian supermarkets
- Place the Rice cooker onto soup mode, add the vegetable oil, curry paste, palm sugar and fish sauce and fry for five minutes stirring constantly.
- Then add the chicken and cook for further 4 minutes,
- The next step is to add the pumpkin, thai eggplant, red chilli, kaffir lime, and cover with chicken stock and coconut cream. Simmer for half hour.
- Open the lid and check the veggies are cooked, add the lime juice and taste, it may need a splash more fish sauce to taste.
- Serve on bowls with rice from the Rice cooker, and sprinkle with thai basil and crispy fried eschallots.