Tuna Fish Cakes
These yummo microwave tuna cakes are soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside, perfect for the little kids (and the big ones) in your family.
Write a review
- 350 g potatoes
- 25 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200 g can tuna, drained
- 70 g corn kernels, drained
- 1 egg, hardboiled, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- Cook potatoes with 45 ml (3 tbsp) water, covered on HIGH power for 6-8 mins. or until cooked. Drain.
- Place butter and onion in a bowl, cover and cook on HIGH power for 4 mins. or until soft.
- Add potatoes and mash.
- Stir in tuna, corn, hard-boiled egg, parsley and lemon juice, season well.
- Shape into 8 cakes and coat in beaten egg and Breadcrumbs.
- Place on grill rack and cook on Combination: GRILL 1 and SIMMER power for 16-18 mins. or until brown, turning halfway.
- Check out our Steam Combi microwave: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/microwave-ovens/nn-cs894s.html.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/