To prove that basic home appliance functionality is a thing of the past, Panasonic invited the renowned chef Soren Lascelles to put our Microwaves and Rice Cookers through their paces – and you’ll be amazed at the results.
- 2 whole snapper ask fishmonger to gut, scale and clean for you.
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 30 ml light soya sauce
- Pinch of white sugar
- Grind of white pepper
- 50 g ginger peeled and sliced wafer thin then sliced again to resemble skinny matchsticks
- 1 punnet shitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 punnet oyster mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch shallots thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander picked
- Place the 2 whole fish in a deep glass Microwave safe dish, add the mushrooms, sugar, white pepper, ginger and the chicken stock, cover with cling wrap.
- Place tray in the Microwave and put it on micro power setting, medium-low and set timer for 6 minutes then flip fish over and continue for a further 7 minutes.
- After this check the fish by slicing into the flesh to see if its cooked through to the center, times may vary slightly depending on the size of the fish.
- Once cooked taste the broth and depending on your preference it may need a touch more soya sauce.
- Garnish with the sliced shallots and the picked coriander.