- 150 g whole blanched almonds
- 170 g soft butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 eggs
- 150 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 150 g wheat flour
- 3 tsp cream of tartar
- 150 g frozen raspberries
- 100 g white chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and scatter 150 g almonds over a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Roast in the oven for approx. 8 minutes, then take out and leave to cool. Then use a grinder to grind them finely. Alternatively, you could use ready-roasted ground almonds.
- Now cut the butter into 1-cm cubes, cut the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the pulp. Use a handheld whisk on the highest setting to beat the eggs and icing sugar for approx. 5 minutes until creamy.
- Prepare the automatic bread maker by taking the bread pan out of the appliance and inserting the kneading blade.
- Put 170 g soft butter and the milk, flour, vanilla pulp, baking powder and ground almonds into the pan. Pour the beaten egg mixture carefully over the top and scatter over 100 g of the raspberries. Set the rest of the berries aside to thaw.
- Insert the bread pan into the appliance and close the lid.
- Select the "Cake" Programme (SD-YR2550 Programme 25, SD-R2530 Programme 24) and press “Start”.
- Once the program has finished, open the lid and leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes. Then remove the bread pan, loosen the cake and remove it from the pan, and slide the kneading blade out of the cake. Leave to cool down completely.
- Blend the rest of the raspberries to a purée and strain them through a sieve. Break the white chocolate into pieces and melt in a glass bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the cake. Add dots of raspberry purée to the top of the chocolate and use a fork to swirl it through the chocolate topping. Wait until set, then serve.
The chocolate can also be melted in the microwave. To do this, chop the chocolate finely, put it in a microwave-safe bowl and set the steam oven to "microwave" mode 100W. Melt the chocolate in 20-second steps, stirring in between each time and starting the process again. As the white chocolate can burn quickly, a slow melting process is required. This takes about 1 1/2-2 minutes in total.
Calories: 4.232kcal | Carbohydrates: 347g | Protein: 90g | Fat: 277g | Sodium: 2.21mg | Sugar: 231g