- 200 ml vegetable oil
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 150 ml hot coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g self raising flour
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 300 g caster sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter softened
- 180 g icing sugar sifted
- pinch of salt
- 60 g dark chocolate melted
- 1 tbs milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- To make the chocolate cake, make sure the blade is inserted into the bread pan. Then place all ingredients for the chocolate cake into the bread pan, liquids before the dry ingredients.
- Place bread pan into the bread maker, close the lid and select program 25 (SD-YR2550) or program 24 (SD-R2530), Cake. After about 12 minutes, open the lid when you hear the beep sound. Scrape off the flour with a rubber spatula within 5 minutes. Close the lid and restart.
- Within 20 minutes of the bread making beeping 8 times to signal the end of baking, you will need add an extra 10 minutes for the cake to be completely cooked. Set an extra 10 minutes using the arrow key next to the clock icon, then press start.
- Once the 10 minutes is up and the machine beeps 8 times, remove the bread pan from the machine and allow cake to cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whilst the cake is cooling, make the chocolate frosting. Start by beating together the butter, icing sugar and salt with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the melted chocolate, milk and vanilla extract and beat well to combine.
- When the cake is cooled, trim off the top and discard. Split the cake in half horizontally. Place the base half of the cake on a serving dish and top with half of the chocolate frosting. Place the top half of the cake on the top and top with remaining frosting. Finish with fresh raspberries and serve.