Spring Chicken and Vegetable Risotto
A Panasonic rice cooker takes the hard labour out of risotto. We absolutely love coming up with new ways to use our kitchen appliances and we’ve definitely hit on a winner with this chicken and vegie risotto. Instead of standing at the stove to slowly stir one ladle full of stock into the risotto at a time, you can use a Panasonic rice cooker and turn out perfect risotto in about than thirty minutes..
Write a review
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- ½ red capsicum diced
- 1 small double chicken breast (500g), diced
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 750ml liquid chicken stock hot
- 1 cup peas
- 1 bunch broccolini (200g)
- 1 cup (100g) parmesan cheese, grated
- Parsley (garnish)
- Heat the stock in a small saucepan.
- Set the rice cooker to cook position and place olive oil, garlic, onion, capsicum and chicken into the bowl. Fry until the onion is translucent and the chicken has browned.
- Add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes ensuring that the grains are coated in the oil. Add the hot stock. Stir to combine, making sure the cook button is still down.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked but still has a firm bite.
- Add the peas and broccolini in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- If it is a little dry just add a few tablespoons of water and stir. Stir in parmesan cheese, garnish with parsley and serve.
- Made using the Panasonic SR-ZE105 rice cooker: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/kitchen-appliances/rice-cookers/sr-ze105.html .
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/