- 125 g plain flour
- 1 ⁄2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 125 g butter
- 90 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 g mashed banana
- 1 ½ tbsp milk
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- Sift plain flour and sodium bicarbonate.
- Mix cocoa powder with a small amount of warm water until it has been dissolved.
- Whisk butter and sugar at high speed for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one, and whisk ingredients until mixture is creamy.
- Add mashed banana and milk, then whisk ingredients thoroughly on slow speed for 2 minutes.
- Add half amount of sifted flour and mix thoroughly. Add the rest and mix thoroughly again. Afterwards, add cocoa powder and mix thoroughly.
- Spread butter on the inner pan, add ingredients into it, and then close the outer lid.
- Press ‘Menu Select’ key to select Cake mode. Set cooking timer to 40 minutes. Then press Start key.
- Wait until you hear the beep sounds indicating that cooking is done.
- Lift the inner pan out and leave it cool down for approximately 2 minutes. (The Off key should be pressed, and the plug must be disconnected before lifting the inner pan off.)
- Turn the inner pan onto a cooling rack and leave the cake to cool before serving.
Notes: Made using SR-DE183 rice cooker. Check out the full range of Panasonic rice cookers. http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/kitchen-appliances/rice-cookers.html