Cheese and Red Pesto Tartlets
These delicious tartlets make a perfect weekend brunch when friends come ‘round. Just a few minutes prep work and not much longer to bake in your convection oven, and you can serve out an impressive gourmet treat!
Write a review
- 180 g ready rolled short crust pastry sheets
- 65 g red pesto or sun dried tomato paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Cut out 12 × 7 cm (approx) circles of pastry to fit into the base of 1 greased 12 holed tartlet tin.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 200 °C with enamel shelf in lower position. Mix the red pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and garlic in a bowl.
- Fill the tartlet shells with mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake tartlets on 200 °C for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Scatter fresh basil leaves on tartlets to serve.
- Made using the Panasonic NN-CF874BQPQ convection microwave oven: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/microwave-ovens/convection-grill-microwaves/nn-cf874bqpq.html
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/