- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 ramekins not taller than 6cm
- To make the caramel, combine sugar and water in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to high, bring to the boil and boil without stirring until the sugar has caramelised.
- Add a small amount of water to the caramelised sugar and mix it so it has consistency of honey, remove from heat.
- Pour caramel into each of the 3 ramekins in a layer approximately ½ cm deep.
- Add 3 cups of water into the rice cooker’s inner pan. Add the steaming basket. Close the outer lid.
- Press Menu Select key to select Steam mode. Set cooking timer to 10 minutes, and press Start key (in order to boil water). Then wait until the beep sounds indicating that cooking is done. Open the outer lid.
- To make the custard: mix eggs, sugar and evaporated milk with a whisk, once combined strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins, leaving a small gap at the top each.
- Cover each ramekin with cling wrap, place in steaming basket and close the outer lid.
- Press Menu Select key to select Steam mode. Set cooking timer to 20 minutes, and then press Start key. Wait until you hear the beep sounds indicating that cooking is done.
- Remove ramekins from rice cooker and set aside to cool before refrigerating overnight.
- Remove crème caramels from the fridge 30 minutes before serving. Run a thin knife around the edge of each ramekin and turn onto plates.