Pumpkin and Yam Rice
Indulge yourself with this rich and delicious Asian recipe.
Write a review
- 200g pumpkin cut into cubes
- 150g yam cut into cubes (you can also use regular potatoes or sweet potatoes)
- 2 cups rice (300g)
- 150g roast pork cut into pieces
- 100g dried mushrooms soaked until soft
- 30g prawns
- 1 Chinese sausage diced
- 3 shallots sliced
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 ¾ cups water
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- Season rice with sauce for 30 min. Leave aside.
- Place shallot, ginger and 1½ tbsp oil in the rice cooker inner pan. Press "Menu Select" then "Steam". Press "Cooking Timer" to 6-7 min. Close the lid and press "Start". Wait until it beeps.
- Stir well. Add prawns and Chinese sausage, press "Menu Select" then "Steam". Press "Cooking Timer" to 5 min then press "Start". Wait until it beeps.
- Stir well. Add mushrooms, roast pork, pumpkin, yam, rice and water, press "Menu Select" then "Casserole" or "Mix rice". Press "Start" and wait until it beeps.
- Fluff rice so that the underside will not be burned.
- Garnish with spring onion before serving.
- To avoid crust at the bottom of the pan, let it at "Keep warm" for 10 min only. If you like the crusts at bottom, leave it at "Keep warm" for 30 min.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/