- 4 eggs
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- parsley roughly chopped
- Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 120 g sour cream
- 80 g whole egg mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Start by pickling the onions. Add the vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and whisk to dissolve the sugar. Add the onion, toss to coat and set aside till needed.
- Use the supplied measuring cup and fill the inner pan with 4 cups of water.
- Place the eggs in the steamer tray and set in the inner pan. Close the lid of the rice cooker. Dial in 15 minutes.
- When the rice cooker beeps, immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking. Let sit whilst you prepare the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in half and place in the steamer tray. Refill the inner pan to the same water level as when you steamed the eggs. Place the steamer tray in the inner pan and close the lid of the rice cooker. Dial in 25 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes cook, peel the eggs, slice and set aside.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into the base of a large serving bowl or platter. Whisk to combine.
- When the rice cooker beeps, remove the potatoes from the rice cooker and add to the serving platter and toss through the dressing. Set aside to cool for 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- Drain the red onion and toss through the potatoes. Top potato salad with eggs and parsley.
You can make this the day before serving. Store in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.