- 2 sheets ready rolled short crust pastry
- 4 rashers bacon chopped and rind removed
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml cream
- 150 ml milk
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease and line a 23 cm pie plate with short crust pastry sheets.
- Place plate on metal tray in lower shelf position and cook for 15 to 17 minutes at 180 °C. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place bacon between two sheets of paper towel on a dinner plate.
- Cook bacon on 1000 W for 2 minutes to 2½ minutes.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese into cooked pie shell.
- Beat eggs, cream, milk and nutmeg and pour over bacon and cheese.
- Place on metal tray in lower shelf position and bake at 180 °C for 22 minutes or until set.
- Serve (warm or cold) garnished with a sprig of fresh herbs.