Ginger and Chocolate Cake
This tasty treat is perfect for sharing over the festive season. Topped with icing sugar and mini gingerbread men this cake is sure to be a family favourite. Made with the SD-ZB2512 Panasonic Bread Maker.
Write a review
- 75g Butter
- 25g Demerara Sugar
- 50g Golden Syrup
- 75g Black Treacle
- 225g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 150ml Milk
- 1 Medium Eggs Beaten
- 75g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 150g Mascarpone Cheese
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Good Strong Coffee
- Remove the blade from the bread pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place the sugar, butter golden syrup and treacle in a bowl and heat on High microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in all the dry ingredients, then mix in the milk and egg. Beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the lined bread pan and select BAKE ONLY for 40 mins.
- After baking, test the centre of the cake with a skewer, it should come out clean if the cake is cooked. If further cooking is required add another 5-10 mins on the timer to continue cooking. If it is slightly sticky this will cook through during the cooling time.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Try this recipe with a Panasonic Bread Maker!
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/