- 1 kg roasting beef rump
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil plus extra to serve
- Parsley leaves to serve
- Capers to serve
- 180 g tinned tuna in oil drained
- 120 g whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbs capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 anchovies
- Allow beef to come up to room temperature. Place the beef on the enamel tray and rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the enamel tray on the glass tray on the glass tray in the oven. Press the Auto/Roast pad six times, enter the weight 1000g and press Start. After cooking remove from the oven, place beef on a plate and allow to stand for 10 to 20 minutes.
- While the beef is resting make the tonnato. Place the tonnato ingredients in a food processor or container of an immersion blender. Process or blend until smooth. Thin down with a little water if necessary.
- To serve, thinly slice the beef and place on a serving platter. Top with dollops of tonnato, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley leaves and capers.