- 500 g apples
- 500 g pears
- 1 brown onion
- 1 orange
- 130 g sultanas
- 80 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 200 ml apple cider vinegar
- 80 ml water
- Peel, core and dice the apples, pears and onion. Zest and juice the orange.
- Remove the kneading blade from the bread pan.
- Place all the ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed in the ingredients list except the cornflour. Give a little stir with a rubber spatula and place bread pan into the bread maker.
- Select the compote menu and enter 1 hour on the timer. When the program has finished, stir thoroughly. Give the chutney a stir with a rubber spatula and cook for a further 1 hour.
- Pour the hot chutney mixture into a sterilised jars and decorate with Christmas ribbon.
- Chutney needs to mature for at least 8 weeks before enjoying, allowing the flavours to mellow. Freshly made chutney can taste harsh and vinegary.
- They make the perfect edible gift!