- 1000 g Apples Bramley cooking apples are the best!
- 100 g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 150 g Onion
- 100 g Sultanas
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 3/4 tsp Cayenne pepper or to taste
- A pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 25 mls Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 50 mls Water
- 100 g Walnuts small pieces
- Peel, core and dice the bramley cooking apples. Finely chop the onions or wizz them through the food processor.
- Remove the kneading blade from the bread pan.
- Place all the ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed in the ingredients list except the walnut pieces.
- Select the compote menu and enter 1 hour 50 mins on the timer. When the program has finished, stir in the walnut pieces.
- Stir well and leave to cool before pouring into a sterilised jar.