- Dish: 3 litre large casserole dish
- Oven Accessory: base of oven
- 5 ml oil
- 15 g butter
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 ½ cm cubes
- 1 red pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1x400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 150 ml coconut cream
- Place the oil, butter and onion and in a large casserole dish. Place on the base of the oven and cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 3 mins.
- Add the paste and cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for a further 3 mins.
- Add the chicken and stir well to coat. Add the pepper, tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Cover and cook on CONVECTION 160ºC + MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 20 – 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and add the coconut cream. Cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 3 mins to warm through. Season and serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
- If the sauce is too thick add small amounts of water to thin down.