- 100 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 100 g icing sugar
- Double line the bread pan with baking parchment or loaf tin liners.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs gradually.
- Add the vanilla, milk, lemon juice and zest.
- Fold in the flour.
- Place the mixture into the bread pan, being careful to ensure that the mixture is inside the baking parchment.
- Select the BAKE ONLY mode and enter 50 minutes on the timer.
- After baking, test with a skewer to see if the cake is cooked.
- If the cake requires extra time, select the bake mode again and enter a further 3-5 minutes. If it is still just slightly sticky this will cook through during the stand period.
- Leave the cake in the bread bakery for 5mins and mix together the topping ingredients.
- After 5 minutes take the bread pan out of the bread maker using oven gloves and fork the cake all over. Then gradually spoon over the lemon drizzle topping waiting for it to be absorbed.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before removing.
Check out our bread maker: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/small-appliances/bread-maker.html.