- 1 chicken breast
- 30 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 50 g panko breadcrumbs
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 15 g miso paste
- vegetable oil to drizzle
- 1/2 wombok finely shredded
- 2 tbsp ponzu sauce
- tonkatsu sauce
- steamed rice
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
- lemon wedges
- On a chopping board cut chicken breast in half horizontally to form 2 thin fillets. Place a piece of non-stick baking paper or plastic wrap on top of the fillets. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin beat the chicken until 1cm thick. Brush miso evenly over each fillet.
- Place flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl, and place panko breadcrumbs in a seperate shallow bowl.
- Toss 1 piece of chicken in the flour to coat all over. Dip into egg mixture, then finally through the breadcrumbs, pressing down into the chicken to secure. Place on the Grill Tray and repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle a little vegetable oil on top of each chicken fillet and place the Grill Tray in the upper shelf position. Select the Crispy Grill program, set for 7 minutes, then start.
- Remove Grill Tray, flip chicken pieces over. Drizzle chicken lightly with oil and place back in the upper shelf position. Select the Crispy Grill program, set for 4 minutes, then start. Remove tray and set aside to rest.
- Place the wombok and ponzu sauce in a large bowl and toss gently to combine then divide between 2 plates. Using a sharp knife, slice each chicken fillet into 1.5cm strips and transfer one sliced chicken fillet to each plate. Drizzle with tonkatsu sauce. Serve with extra tonkatsu sauce, lemon wedges, steamed rice and sesame seeds.
Can easily be doubled, just cook two breasts at a time