For the Dough
- 1 tsp Yeast in the pan or yeast dispenser
- 600 g Strong white flour
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 340 mls Water
For the Topping
- 1 Red onion cut into six wedges length ways, then half the wedges
- 12 Pitted black olives
- A few sprigs of rosemary broken into 12 little pieces
- A good drizzle olive oil
- Sea salt
- Put the dough ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed above.
- Select the pizza dough program (22 for SD-2501 & 28 for SD-ZB2512) 45 mins
- When the dough is ready, tip out onto a floured work surface and dust with flour. Roll and pat the dough into a 34 x 25 cm rectangle and place on a generously greased baking tray.
- Make indentations over the whole dough using your finger tips, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the 12 red onion chunks on top of the dough, 3 across and 4 down, so that there are 12 altogether and each serving square will have a piece.
- Next to the red onion place a pitted olive (press it down slightly) and a sprig of rosemary.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. (Approx 30 mins)
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC for 25-30 mins. When cooked, it should feel firm in the centre and golden brown on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil before cutting into squares to serve.