- 115 g unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 125 g plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 g + 1 tbsp extra gluten free flour (containing xanthan gum)
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 g + 30g extra blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Place the butter, eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and juice directly into the bread pan. Then add the 250g flour, caster sugar, and salt. Place the bread pan back in the bread maker and select program 28 (SD-R2530) or program 29 (SD-YR2550), Cake Kneading, and knead for 2 minutes.
- While the cake is kneading, coat 125g blueberries in the extra 1 tablespoon of flour.
- When the cake has finished kneading, scrape down the sides of the bread pan with a rubber spatula. Add the coated blueberries and knead for another 2 minutes.
- Once the cake has finished kneading, scatter the remaining blueberries over the top, then sprinkle the demerara sugar evenly. Close the lid of the bread maker, select program 25 (SD-R2530) or program 26 (SD-YR2550), Bake Only, and set the time for 1 hour.
- Once the cake has finished baking, remove the bread pan from the bread maker and take out the cake. Allow it to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy it warm or at room temperature.