Steamed Thai Fish
So much flavour and aroma is packed into this healthy dish of steamed Thai fish, with zesty citrus notes, garlic, chilli and coriander all taking a starring role. The tender trout fillets will carry the seasoning beautifully and by cooking the fish with the steam mode of a Panasonic combi microwave, you will preserve all the wholesome nutritional benefits as well.
Write a review
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 30 ml light soy sauce
- 2 trout fillets, approx. 140 g each
- ½ red capsicum, cut into julienne strips
- 100 g snow peas, sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Coriander to serve
- Combine the garlic, chilli, lime juice, zest and soy sauce together.
- In a shallow dish pour the marinade over the fish and set aside.
- When ready to cook, place the fish on the plastic trivet over the glass tray and place the capsicum, snow peas and spring onions around the sides of each fillet.
- Place on the middle shelf position of the microwave oven.
- Press steam menu button, (pg32) select no 15 (fresh fish fillets), choose weight and press start.
- Remove once cooked (approx. 4-5mins) and serve with fresh coriander.
- Combined Steam and microwave has been used for this recipe.
- Made using the Panasonic NN-CS894S convection microwave oven: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/microwave-ovens/convection-grill-microwaves/nn-cs894s.html
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/