Rich Festive Fruit Cake
This rich Christmas fruit cake is tasty and perfect for sharing over the festive period. It is baked in a Panasonic Bread Maker.
Write a review
- 350g Mixed Dried Fruits
- 50g Chopped Dates
- 50g Chopped Walnuts
- 100g Chopped Cherries
- 250ml Water
- 75g Butter
- 3 Medium Eggs Beaten
- 125g Plain Flour
- 125g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Soak the fruits and nuts in 1 tbsp of sherry or brandy over night.
- Place the fruits and nuts, water and butter together in a large bowl and heat until the fat has melted and the liquid is hot. This can be done on the hob or in the microwave oven. (High power for 4 – 5 minutes)
- Allow to cool slightly, then add eggs, flour and the bicarbonate of soda. Mix well.
- Remove the kneading blade from the bread pan and line the bottom and sides with baking parchment or a loaf tin liner.
- Place the mixture into the bread pan, being careful to ensure that the mixture is inside the baking parchment.
- Select bake mode and enter 1 hour on the timer.
- After baking test with a skewer to see if the cake is cooked. If the cake does require extra time, select the bake mode again and enter a further 3- 5 minutes on the timer. If it is still just slightly sticky this will cook through during the stand period.
- Take the bread pan out of the bread maker using oven gloves. Leave to stand for 5 – 10 minutes before removing from the bread pan and allowing to cool.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/