- 3 eggs 150g in total
- 380 ml chicken stock or miso soup
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1 carrot
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 5 raw prawns halved horizontally
- 1 chicken tenderloin thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 5 parsley leaves
- Place 5 heatproof teacups or small bowls (around 180-200ml capacity) on the grill tray. Divide the chicken slices evenly between each teacup, followed by the prawns, shiitake mushroom slices, and carrot flowers. Set them aside while you prepare the egg mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs until well combined. Add the chicken stock or miso soup, mirin, and light soy sauce. Mix thoroughly. Strain the egg mixture into a jug to remove any lumps of egg white.
- Pour equal amounts of the egg mixture into the prepared teacups and top each cup with a parsley leaf.
- Place the grill tray in the upper tray position and close the oven door. Ensure that the water tank is full. Select Steam 2 and cook for 16 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Remove the teacups from the oven and serve immediately. This dish is great as an appetiser, breakfast, or after-school snack.