- 8 prawns large green prawn peeled
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 500 g glass noodles soaked in water
- 7 thin slices of ginger
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoning sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ⁄2 cup water
- 2 shoots of shallots sliced
- Thai basil fresh leaves to garnish
- Spread vegetable oil on the inner pan, then layer peppercorns, chopped garlic, sliced ginger and large green prawn peeled into the inner pan.
- Mix glass noodles (drained) with sesame oil, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, seasoning sauce, sugar, and water thoroughly in the mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the rice cooker’s inner pan, and close the outer lid.
- Press Menu Select key to select Steam Mode, set steaming time to 15 minutes, and then press Start key.
- Wait until you hear the beep sounds indicating that cooking is done. Afterwards, open the outer lid, add sliced shallots, and mix them thoroughly.
- Serve into noodle bowls and garnish with sprigs of fresh Thai basil
Made using the Panasonic SR-DE183 rice cooker: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/kitchen-appliances/rice-cookers/sr-de183wst.html