Cheesy Ham Omelette
Our microwave makes short work of a comforting omelette. While a deliciously cheesy ham omelette is often billed as a simple comfort food, it can be very tricky to get right – as anyone who has had to serve scrambled eggs instead of an omelette can attest! Using our Steam Combi microwave oven, you have your perfect omelette in less than ten minutes, with no scraping, flipping or eggs that end up scrambled.
Write a review
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tblsp milk
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 50 g ham, cut into strips
- 40 g onion, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter for greasing
- Beat egg yolks, with milk and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites through yolk mixture with cheese, ham and onion.
- Place onto a well-greased dinner plate.
- Cook on 600 W for 5 to 6 minutes
- Stand for 2 minutes before folding in half.
- Serves 1 to 2
- Made with Panasonic's NN-CS894S Steam Combi microwave oven: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/microwave-ovens/nn-cs894s.html.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/