- 3 eggs
- 60 g unsalted butter melted
- 25 g caster sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 100 ml water
- 250 ml milk
- 600 g bread flour
- 1 tbsp dried yeast
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- Make the dough in the bread maker. Lightly beat 2 eggs and place in the bread pan, followed by melted butter, caster sugar, salt, water, milk, bread flour and yeast. Close the lid and select program 30 (SD-YR2550) or program 29 (SD-R2530), Manual Bread Kneading and press Start.
- When the bread maker beeps, press Stop. The select program 31 (SD-YR2550) or program 30 (SD-R2530), Manual Rise and press Start.
- When the bread maker beeps, press Stop and remove the bread pan from the bread maker. Punch the dough down to release the air and tip dough onto a clean work surface. Lightly shape the dough into a log and cut dough into 22 equal pieces.
- Lightly whisk the remaining egg and have your seeds and dried oregano in small separate bowls ready for dipping.
- Line the enamel tray with a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Preheat the oven to Convection 180°C.
- Shape each dough portion into a ball, brush the top with egg and dip the brushed side into sesame seeds to coat. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining dough portions, egg and alternate by dipping with the poppy seeds, dried oregano and caraway seeds, arranging in 2 concentric circles to form a wreath.
- Bake in the oven for 16 minutes. Best enjoyed warm but can be served at room temperature.
Make this on the day of serving.