- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1.5 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1/2 Onion
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 3-4 Sprigs fresh thyme leaves stripped from the stem
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp Grated Parmesan plus extra to top
- Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Finely dice the onions and garlic. Slice the mushrooms.
- Switch on the Panasonic Rice Cooker and press ‘start’ on the normal rice setting.
- Add 3/4 of the olive oil to the rice cooker pot and allow to heat up for a few minutes.
- Add almost all of the mushrooms (set a few aside for the garnish), the onion, the garlic and the thyme leaves to the pot. Stir to coat in olive oil, close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice to the pot and stir to coat with the aromatics. Cook, stirring, for about a minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, stir and close the lid for 25 minutes.
- The risotto is ready when the rice is tender with a little bite. Switch the Rice Cooker setting to ‘keep warm’ and stir through the parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil to a small frying pan and add the rest of the sliced mushrooms. Flip and fry until golden brown.
- Serve the risotto and top with sliced mushrooms. Enjoy!