- 150 g self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 250 ml boiling water
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g butter cubed
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Preheat Convection to 180°C.
- To make the churros, mix together flour and salt in a bowl. Add oil and boiling water and stir until combined and a thick, sticky batter. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip nozzle.
- Line the enamel tray with non-stick baking paper. Pipe out thick 8cm strips of churro batter onto the prepared tray, using a knife to release each piece from the piping tip, if needed. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place butter in a shallow bowl, cover and microwave for 30 seconds at 600W.
- Dip the churros in the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- To make the chocolate dipping sauce, place the chocolate in a microwave safe dish. Microwave chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for a further 2 rounds of 30 seconds and stir. Serve straight away with churros.