Steamed Red Mullet and Clams
Warm up your day with this hearty and comforting seafood dish.
Write a review
- 480g Red Mullet/Goatfish
- 300g Clams
- 100g Japanese Sake
- 100ml Soup stock (dashi)
- 15g Soy sauce
- 10g Mirin (sweet sake)
- 180g White leek
- 20g Olive oil
- 60g Fresh ginger
- 1 Lime
- Slice fish into fillets and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix Japanese sake, soup stock (dashi), soy sauce and mirin (sweet sake) in a glass bowl. Heat in a Panasonic steam combi microwave at 1000W for 2.5 minutes.
- Cut the white leeks into 3cm pieces and halve lengthways.
- Slice the ginger thinly.
- Line up clams and ingredients from step 1,3, and 4 on metal tray.
- Pour the ingredients from step 2 onto step 5.
- On the 'Steam 1' setting, cook the ingredients from step 6 for 20 minutes on the top rack.
- As a finishing touch, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle over lime zest.
- Makes around two servings.
- Cooked with a Panasonic NN-CS894S Microwave
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/