- 500 g Mussels in shell
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Green capsicum sliced
- 1 Red capsicum sliced
- 2 Onions sliced
- 1 Clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbs Butter
- 2 cups Long grain rice
- 440 g Can peeled tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1½ cups Hot chicken stock
- a Pinch of saffron powder
- 1½ cups Cooked diced chicken
- 200 g Peeled green prawns
- Place mussels and water into a 3-litre dish, cover and cook on 800 W for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place capsicums, onions, garlic and butter into a 4-litre dish and cook on 1000 W for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add rice and stir well. Cook on 1000 W for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, hot chicken stock and saffron.
- Cook on 1000 W for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, prawns and mussels and cook on 800 W for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving