- 600 g chicken thighs cut into big chunks
- 2 tbs light soy
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 120 ml white vinegar
- 50 g white sugar
- 1 carrot
- 4 crusty long bread rolls
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1.5 cups fresh coriander sprigs
- 1 cucumber finely sliced lengthwise into long strips
- 4 spring onions cut into the length of the rolls
- 1-2 red chillies finely sliced
- Begin this recipe the day before serving. In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar and sugar over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- To julienne the carrot, use a vegetable peeler to shave the carrot into ribbons, then use a knife to cut into matchsticks. Add carrot to the vinegar mixture and chill in fridge overnight.
- To marinate the chicken, mix the garlic, soy sauce, vegetable oil and honey together in a large bowl. Season with pepper then add the chicken and stir to coat the meat. Cover and chill overnight.
- Place the chicken pieces on the Grill Tray. Fill the water tank and put tray in the oven in the top shelf position. Set Auto Menu 12 (Grilled Chicken Pieces), 600g and start.
- To assemble the banh mi, split rolls down the centre top. Spread mayonnaise on one side. Add cucumber slices, green onion, and plenty of carrot. Top with grilled chicken pieces, coriander sprigs. Drizzle with pan juices and finish with a sprinkle with fresh red chilli slices and close together to enjoy.