Sukiyaki is one of the most popular Japanese hot pot dishes and it is the perfect nourishing dish to cook for your family and friends. The mix of beef and vegetables in a sweet soy sauce flavour is irresistible. Sukiyaki is generally easy to make and it is even easier with the help of our NN-CD87KS Microwave.
Write a review
- 350g Beef loin
- 80g Onion
- 80g White leeks
- 200g Tofu
- 110g Shiitake mushrooms
- 225g Mirin (sweet sake)
- 120g Soy sauce
- 60g Japanese sake
- 22g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Make the poached eggs for sukiyaki with the NN-CD87KS Microwave oven. Place the eggs on a metal tray and cook for 30 minutes on 'Steam 3' on the lower rack.
- Cut beef into 5mm slices and then cut small notches (to make it easier to eat and to promote better absorption of flavours).
- Cut white leeks into 3cm widths and halve lengthways. Cut the tops and stems of the shiitake mushrooms, then cut the tops in half and cut the stems into quarters. Cut the onion in half, then slice. Cut the tofu into 5cm squares.
- In a pot, add soy sauce, mirin (sweet sake), Japanese sake and sugar and heat to evaporate the alcohol (once heated, boil for about 2 minutes on low heat).
- Coat the metal tray with olive oil. Scatter step 2, 3 onto the metal tray, and pour the mixture from step 4. Cook on the wire rack for 12 minutes at 'Convection' 220°C and then turn the meat over and cook on 'Convection' 220°C for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the metal tray, and put the poached eggs on top to finish.
- Makes around 2 servings.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/