- 125 g Cake Flour sifted
- 350 g Caster Sugar super fine
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 12 unit Egg Whites room temperature
- 80 g Warm Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 unit Crème Anglaise Basic Recipe
- 1 unit Chantilly Cream Basic Recipe
- Preheat the convection microwave oven at 180°C. Proceed to sift together the cake flour, salt and half of the sugar. Set the remaining sugar aside.In a bowl, use a whisk to combine egg whites, water, vanilla extract and cream of tartar. After 2 minutes, use a hand mixer. Mix the remaining sugar into the egg mixture, beat at medium speed. Once you achieve medium peaks, add some flour mixture to the foam. Fold in gently using a spatula. Continue folding in the flour until well incorporated.Carefully spoon the mixture into an ungreased tube pan. Bake the cake for 35 minutes before checking for doneness using a wooden skewer.
- Cool upside down on a cooling rack for at least an hour before removing from the pan. Assemble the cake with your desired amount of crème anglaise, blackberries and Chantilly cream topping.