- 2 Large aubergines
- 100 g Couscous
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Medium red onion chopped
- 100 g Chorizo cut into small chunks
- 1 Roasted red pepper from a jar sliced
- 2 Vine-ripened tomatoes skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp each of parsley mint and coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven on CONVECTION 220ºC with enamel shelf on lower level.
- Carefully remove the enamel shelf from the oven using oven gloves. Place the whole aubergines on the shelf and cook on CONVECTION 220ºC for 15-20 mins. or until soft.
- Cut the aubergines in half horizontally, leaving the stalks attached. Scoop out the flesh and chop finely. Place the aubergines on the glass tray.
- Place the couscous in a bowl with the lemon juice and enough boiling water to cover. Cover with cling film and allow to soak for 5 mins
- Add the onion and chorizo to a bowl, cover and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 3 mins. Add to the couscous with the aubergine flesh, pepper, tomatoes and herbs.
- Mix well and season. Spoon into the aubergine halves and place in the oven in the lower shelf position.
- Cook on 180C + simmer microwave for 10-12 mins.