- 1 qty enriched dough as below
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 250 g strong white flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg med
- 100 ml water
- Caster sugar to dust
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Place the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Set the machine to the BASIC DOUGH (2hrs 20mins) setting. MENU 16.
- When the program has finished divide the dough into 10 balls. Flatten slightly.
- Leave to prove until doubled in size.
- Deep fry, 4 at a time in hot oil (180 °C) until well browned. turning them frequently.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Toss in caster sugar.
- Mix the lemon juice and jam together.
- Fill cooked doughnuts with the jam using an icing syringe.
Made using the SD-2501 bread maker: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/kitchen-appliances/bread-makers/sd-2501.html.