- ¾ tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 800 g cubed boneless lamb
- 2 tbsp oil
- 300 g onions chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150 g sliced carrots
- 150 g ready to eat dried apricots chopped
- 40 g sultanas or seedless raisins
- 65 g toasted flaked almonds
- ¾ tbsp honey
- 150 ml tomato juice
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml ½ pint hot vegetable stock
- Put the lamb and spices into bowl and mix well, put to one side.
- Place oil, onions and garlic in a large (3 litre) casserole dish.
- Cover dish with lid and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 5 mins.
- Add the spiced lamb and remaining ingredients to onion mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on CONVECTION 160°C + WARM MICROWAVE for 1 hour or until tender, stirring halfway.
- Serve straight from the casserole dish, or in a traditional tagine pot for added flair.
Made using a Panasonic microwave.