Spicy Lamb Tagine
Don’t be alarmed by the long list of ingredients – this spicy lamb tagine is incredibly easy to make! The wonderful mix of spices give the lamb a delicious depth of flavour and your microwave cuts out all the hard work. Made using a Panasonic microwave.
Write a review
- ¾ tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 800g cubed boneless lamb
- 2 tbsp oil
- 300g onions, chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g sliced carrots
- 150g ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
- 40g sultanas or seedless raisins
- 65g toasted flaked almonds
- ¾ tbsp honey
- 150 ml tomato juice
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½ pint) hot vegetable stock
- Put the lamb and spices into bowl and mix well, put to one side.
- Place oil, onions and garlic in a large (3 litre) casserole dish.
- Cover dish with lid and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 5 mins.
- Add the spiced lamb and remaining ingredients to onion mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on CONVECTION 160°C + WARM MICROWAVE for 1 hour or until tender, stirring halfway.
- Serve straight from the casserole dish, or in a traditional tagine pot for added flair.
- Made using a Panasonic microwave.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/