- 3 firm pears peeled, halved, cored
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups sparkling apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled cut into thin slivers
- Place pomegranate juice, apple cider, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, and ginger in rice cooker.
- Place pear halves in poaching liquid.Close rice cooker and cook on "white rice" setting for 50 minutes, or until tender (a toothpick should go through easily).
- Open cover and turn pears over. Let sit for 1 hour. Turn pears over again and let sit for another hour.
- You can also refrigerate these overnight for a more intense flavour and colour. Serve