Simmered Prawns with Red Capsicum
Fresh prawns and capsicum make a quick and tasty meal for busy chefs using our Convection Microwave.
Write a review
- 500gr Capsicum (red)
- 500gr (10 large) Fresh Prawns with heads
- 120gr Onion
- 15gr Soy sauce
- A pinch of salt
- Olive oil
- Dried Parsley
- 800ml Soup stock (dashi)
- 80gr Soy sauce
- 40gr Mirin (sweet sake)
- 45gr Corn starch
- 90ml Water
- Cut capsicums in half and remove pith and seeds. Then, cut into large pieces.
- Peel the onions, cut in half and slice thinly.
- Remove the shells of the prawns, keeping the heads intact.
- Put items from steps 1-3 into a casserole dish, and sprinkle with soy sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Place on a wire rack and cook at 'Combi 3' (220°C + 440W) for 5 minutes. After that cook at 'Convection' 220°C for 20 minutes.
- In a pot, add the soup stock (dashi), soy sauce and mirin (sweet sake). After it comes to a boil, add corn starch which has been pre-dissolved in water to thicken.
- Remove the casserole from step 5 from the microwave oven, pour on thickened sauce from step 6, and heat on 'Microwave Power' at 'High' for 3 minutes.
- Finally, add olive oil and dried parsley as a finishing touch.
- Makes 2-3 servings.
- Cooked with a Panasonic NN-CD87KS Microwave
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/