Fruit filling (approx 900-1kg)
- 2 peaches
- 4 plums
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2-3 tbsp demerara sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 60 grams unsalted butter in small cubes
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
Spiced mascarpone crema
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 1-2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp mixed baking spice use more or less depending on how spicy you like it
- Chop fruit into cubes and combine it with the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small baking dish.
- To make the crumble, combine the flour, demerara sugar and butter in a bowl and crumble the butter into the flour until it’s nice and fine and crumbly.
- Spoon the crumble topping all over the fruit but don’t pat it on. Top with the slivered almonds and a sprinkle of extra demerara sugar.
- Remove and fill the microwave water tank and insert back into the appliance. Press the “Combination” setting and select “combi 4” When the microwave has reached temperature, place the crumble in the middle of the rack on the tray provided with the microwave and set the time to 30 min.
- Whilst the crumble is cooking, make the spiced mascarpone cream by combining it with the sugar and mixed spice. You can add more or less spice and sugar depending on your preference.