Simple but bursting with flavour, ginger pork is a classic Japanese homemade dish that is loved by everyone. It is perfect paired with a bowl of steamed rice but watch out, as you might want second helpings with this pork dish.
Write a review
- 800g Pork shoulder/loin
- 20g Grated fresh ginger
- 120g Soy sauce
- 120g Mirin (sweet sake)
- 20g Sugar
- 10g Japanese sake
- 200g Green capsicum
- Cut pork into 200g pieces.
- Cut green capsicum in half and remove pith and seeds. Score capsicum lightly.
- Put soy sauce, mirin (sweet sake), Japanese sake and grated fresh ginger into a bowl, and marinate items from steps 1 and 2 for 30 minutes.
- Put all ingredients from step 3 on the supplied glass shelf, place on the middle rack, and cook for 10 minutes on 'convection oven' 230°C + 'Microwave' 300W.
- Turn meat over and cook for another 10 minutes.
- As a finishing touch, cook on 'convection' 230°C + 'Grill 1' for 3 minutes until it is browned.
- Place the ingredients from step 6 on a serving platter. Reduce meat juices in a separate pot and pour over meat before serving.
- Makes 2-3 servings.
- Cooked with a Panasonic NN-CS894 Microwave
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/