Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding
This recipe is by Tamsin Musgrave – find her @CupfulOfKale on Instagram. This decadent sticky toffee pudding is perfect for a festive sweet treat. Serve warm with a quick toffee sauce and ice cream. Notes -Puddings will keep for 2-3 days in an air tight container if you want to make ahead.
Write a review
- 200g Pitted Dates
- 100ml Boiling Water
- 100g Demerara Sugar (or Light Brown Sugar)
- 115g Butter
- 100ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 100ml Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 175g Self raising flour
- TOFFEE SAUCE
- 150g Coconut Cream
- 50g Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Scoops of Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven 180C. Lightly grease and line four holes (200ml) of a muffin tray.
- In a bowl, place the dates and boiling water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter with an electric mixer for about 45 seconds.
- Pour in the almond milk and rapeseed oil and stir.
- The dates should have softened, use a hand blender to turn into a thick paste. You may want to do it in the sink in case it splashes up.
- Add the date mixture to the batter and stir. Then add the spices, bicarbonate of soda and sifted flour.
- Fold together with a large spoon. Divide between the 4 muffin holes.
- Place in the oven and set the timer for 25 minutes. Check they are done by inserting a skewer, it should come out clean.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the coconut cream and brown sugar. Place in the microwave with a cover on and set to high for 6 minutes.
- Carefully turn the sticky toffee puddings onto a plate, spoon over some toffee sauce and top with a scoop of ice cream.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/