- 2 cups pumpkin one cup diced, one cup sliced
- Olive oil as needed
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 can lentils drained
- 1 cup pecans or any other nut
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 slices of bread or 1 bread roll
- Herbs 2 tbsp thyme, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp rosemary or as desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 sheets puff pastry defrosted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Using the oven function of your Panasonic Convection Microwave Oven, preheat to 180°C.
- Arrange all the pumpkin on your baking tray and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor. Pulse until broken down. Remove and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the food processor. Pulse until broken down. Add the lentils, pecans, cranberries and pulse until a chunky paste forms. Remove and set aside.
- Add the bread to the food processor. Pulse until broken down. Remove and set aside.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic to a large saucepan over high heat. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add all the herbs and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the saucepan and sauté until the mixture is cooked. Add a little water or stock to the saucepan if the mixture is sticking to the pan. Add the bread pieces and pumpkin and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the sliced pumpkin in the centre of 1 sheet of puff pastry. Scoop the mushroom mixture on top and shape the mixture into a log. Wrap 2 sheets of puff pastry around the mushroom mixture and enclose the ends.
- Use the extra sheet of puff pastry to decorate the wellington as desired.
- To make the glaze, combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Brush the wellington with the glaze.
- Bake the wellington in the preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.