- 2 bunches Dutch carrots
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 100 g feta crumbled to serve
- ½ pomegranate seeds removed
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup red vein sorrel to serve
- Preheat the oven on Convection to 180°C.
- Line the enamel tray with piece of non-stick baking paper.
- Scrub the carrots thoroughly and trim the tops off. Place into a large bowl, along with fennel seeds, salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Toss thoroughly to coat, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the chickpeas, remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly to combine.
- Arrange the carrots evenly on the prepared enamel tray, leaving room for the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas onto the tray, and place into the preheated oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- When the carrots and chickpeas are cooked, transfer them to a serving platter and drizzle over the honey. Top with red vein sorrel leaves, crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds.
Make on the day of serving.