- 350 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 150 g Butter
- 175 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- To decorate: Writing Icing
- Sift together into a bowl the flour, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and blend together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs and golden syrup together and add to the mix and combine until it clumps together.
- Tip the dough onto a work surface and knead until smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven on CONVECTION 180C.
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the dough out to ¼” thickness. Using cutters cut out your ginger bread shapes and place on the backing trays leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until lightly golden, leave on the baking tray to cool for 10 mins before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When completely cool decorate with the writing icing.
Made using a Panasonic Convection Microwave.