Festive Ginger Bread Men Recipe
This classic recipe is perfect for the kids at Christmas. These crunchy ginger delights can be decorated with writing icing which is fun for the whole family. And you get to eat the results! What fun… Enjoy!
Write a review
- 350g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2tsp Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 150g Butter
- 175g Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- To decorate: Writing Icing
- Sift together into a bowl the flour, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and blend together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs and golden syrup together and add to the mix and combine until it clumps together.
- Tip the dough onto a work surface and knead until smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven on CONVECTION 180C.
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the dough out to ¼” thickness. Using cutters cut out your ginger bread shapes and place on the backing trays leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until lightly golden, leave on the baking tray to cool for 10 mins before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When completely cool decorate with the writing icing.
- Made using a Panasonic Convection Microwave.
The Ideas Kitchen https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/